Lincoln Vehicle Service Contract
When you buy a new Lincoln from a dealership it comes with a standard factory warranty. We will discuss this in more detail. When your factory warranty is due to expire, we recommend you invest in a Lincoln extended car warranty with Chaiz. An extended warranty is the colloquial term for a Vehicle Service Contract which means the same thing. The car owner would enter into a contract with one of the third-party warranty providers offered to you by Chaiz. Varying levels of coverage are offered.
Simply enter your Lincoln’s details onto the Chaiz search tool and the top third-party warranty provider quotes will appear. You can compare quotes within seconds. Certain warranties come with additional perks which will be discussed in more detail. We will also look at how much does a Lincoln extended warranty cost? The Lincoln extended warranty cost is based on the level of coverage offered by the third-party warranty provider, which affects the price of the warranty.
What’s Covered in a Lincoln Factory Warranty?
Under Lincoln’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty the following is covered:
- Bumper-to-bumper warranty/ Exclusionary coverage: 4 years or 50,000 miles whichever comes first. This is also known as the most comprehensive option and offers coverage on most components of your Lincoln with a short list of exclusion areas.
- Powertrain warranty: 6 years or 70, 000 miles, whichever comes first. This form of protection covers the engine, the transmission, the front-wheel drive, the rear-wheel-drive, the four-wheel/all-wheel drive, as well as related parts, inclusive of the driving axle.
- Safety Restraint Systems: 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. This is inclusive of your Lincoln’s safety belts as well as airbag Supplemental Restraint (SRS).
- Corrosion coverage: 5 years/ unlimited miles. In the case that your car’s sheet metal panels corrode or get rusted due to a manufacturing defect, the repairs will be covered. If the damage comes from airborne materials or environmental fallout, Lincoln offers a free-of-charge paint repair job up to 12 months or 12,000 miles. This applies to windshield cracks as well.
- Limited New Tire Warranty: If your tire has faults, Ford may reimburse you for the repair. The reimbursement hinges on how many miles you have covered in the tires. The normal wear and tear on tires are not covered.
- Limited coverage on wear and tear: wiper blades can be replaced in the first 6 months of car ownership. Wheel alignments, as well as tire balancing, are offered in the first 12 months or 12,000 miles. Ford also offers brake pad and lining replacements during the first year of ownership or 18,000 miles.
What Should Your Next Steps Be When Your Lincoln Factory Warranty is Due to Expire?
If we use the example of a Lincoln Corsair SUV, year 2016, the factory warranty will expire in 2021. We would like to recommend that you buy Lincoln extended warranty coverage or a Vehicle Service Contract. Chaiz has a variety of coverage levels for your Lincoln extended warranty. So, How much does a Lincoln extended warranty cost? This will be delved into later on in the article.
What Are Annual Repairs on a Lincoln?
According to ReapirPal, the annual repair costs on a Lincoln are $879. This is relatively high. We recommend you invest in Lincoln extended warranty coverage via Chaiz. You can avoid paying hefty repair bills in the thousands of dollars region, by purchasing a Lincoln extended warranty with Chaiz. Set out on the road with confidence, knowing that your car is covered and you won’t have to pay hefty repair bills all at once, your warranty will be in place.
Selecting the Best Extended Warranty for Your Lincoln
There are three tiers of coverage offered by third-party warranty providers on Chaiz. The first tier of coverage is the “most comprehensive” or exclusionary coverage. This offers coverage on most components of your car between the front and rear bumper. This coverage is also called a bumper-to-bumper warranty. It is the most expensive option and suits someone that gets the miles in, in their car. The wear and tear will be greater on your car, and you will be more likely to have a mechanical breakdown so the “most comprehensive” coverage will suit you.
The second tier is powertrain plus extended warranties. This offers slightly less coverage for a slightly cheaper price. It will suit someone covering mid-range distances in their car.
The final tier of coverage is the powertrain warranty. This offers the least coverage but is the most affordable option. If you don’t drive great distances this will suit you as the wear and tear will be less and you will be less likely to have a mechanical breakdown.
How much does a Lincoln Extended Warranty Cost?
We will look at the Lincoln extended warranty cost by examining the example of a Lincoln Corsair SUV, year 2016 with 69,000 miles on the odometer, to see the levels of coverage offered on Chaiz.
The “most comprehensive”/ bumper-to-bumper extended warranty for this example will cost around $92 a month.
The powertrain plus extended warranty for this example will cost around $66 a month.
The powertrain extended warranty for this example will cost around $59 a month.
Each warranty provider offers varying levels of coverage which affects the Lincoln extended warranty cost.
Are There Extra Perks that Come with a Chaiz Extended Warranty?
Some of the third-party warranty providers on Chaiz offer extra perks with their warranties. These are known as 24/7 roadside assistance, a service for changing tires, a fuel delivery service as well as trip interruption. Therefore, if you break down more than 100 miles away from your house your accommodation fees will be covered. With these added perks you can feel safe on the road.
Is it a Wise Idea to Invest in a Lincoln Extended warranty with Chaiz?
We would say, yes it is a wise idea. Some of the extended warranties offered on our marketplace come with added perks which adds a sense of security when you’re on the road. We would recommend purchasing a Lincoln extended warranty today with Chaiz so you can get on the road with confidence, knowing your car will have coverage in the case of a mechanical breakdown.