How to Wash Your Car
A good car wash is an important part of your car maintenance. This is something you can do at home or use the services of a professional company to take care of detailing your car. Whichever way you decide to go it will only add to your car’s overall appearance and condition. Plus when it comes time to sell your car it will have maintained well and hold good value. In this article we are going to talk about general car washing tips, how to wash your car at home, and how an extended car warranty can benefit you and your car.
Why is Washing Your Car Important?
There are a few good reasons to keep your car clean and washed correctly. Like most people we tend to sell our cars in the search for something better suited or just to upgrade when the opportunity arises. A car that has been cleaned regularly maintains a good condition which adds to the value of the car when selling or trading in for another car. It also reduces damage to the car from the elements like rain and sunshine. It gives you the chance to check for any issues and get them taken care of before they become too serious, ultimately prolongs the lifespan of your vehicle.
How to Wash Your Car at Home
Washing your car at home may seem like a tedious job, but it has great rewards. As mentioned above, maintaining the value of your car and a prolonged lifespan are two of the main reasons. Once you are done you will feel the satisfaction of having a clean car. A good tip is to get all of your cleaning gear ready and organized for the clean for easy access. Here is our guide to washing your car at home:
- Step 1 – remove any jewelry and belt buckles so that you do not risk scratching the paint and make sure you park in a shady spot.
- Step2 – with all of your cleaning gear at hand you can start on the wheels. You want to be sure that you get the grime and muck off the wheels. Use a wheel brush to get the wheels clean as well as the brakes and calipers. We suggest using a foam brush with a microfiber sleeve that is removable for later use. Clean the tires with a tire cleaner. Once you are done with the wheels you can put the wheel brush aside to clean later.
- Step 3 – Next you want to rinse off the car with a hose or another high pressure machine for water such as a Wap high pressure washer. Rinse off all parts of the car and make sure all the windows are up before you start. For those who do not have access to water, you can look at companies such as AMMO that sell hand frothers that can be used as a hoseless wash solution.
- Step 4 – get two large buckets and fill both with water and add soap to one of the buckets. Use a soap/cleaner that is intended for cars, household cleaners can be too harsh on cars and often destroys the coating or paint. Use the bucket with the soap to lather up a mitt or microfiber sponge to wash the car with. Start with the top and work your way down. The bucket with the water is for rinsing debris and dirt off as you go.
- Step 5 – rinse the car thoroughly with water once more. Check that the back has the dirt and debris removed as it gets the majority of the dirt while driving. Dry off the car with compressed air if possible, otherwise use a clean and very soft towel.
Keep a regular washing schedule for your car. Every second week is often recommended. This can be done at home as listed above or via a car detailing company that can ensure the best care for your car.
Should I Get an Extended Car Warranty with Chaiz?
Extended car warranties, also called a vehicle service contract, offered on Chaiz give you the choice of three different warranty types. This is the powertrain plan, powertrain plus plan, and the bumper-to-bumper or “most comprehensive” plan. Many of these plans come with the additional coverage options and added benefits that alleviate the cost of ownership greatly. This includes 24/7 roadside assistance when you find yourself stuck on the side of the road.
It is a good idea to invest in an extended car warranty to alleviate the stress of driving. Here at Chaiz, we offer the best in online extended car warranty services. Through the Chaiz search tool you can input your car’s details and the top third-party providers will pop up. Each plan has a more detailed tab for an extensive view into plan details. Plus you can request a call back. We only call when you ask, no robocalls or pressure to purchase here at Chaiz.